Sunday, February 13, 2011

iCheated

So a couple of weeks ago I went on a weekend retreat to scrapbook with my GG pals.  I find that when I attend these things, I barely get anything done but I do love the social aspect of it all. Anyhow, after years of going to these things, I think I have my act together. I brought with me only kits from classes past - no thinking and I feel like I got something done.  So all of the LO's I did that weekend were designed by others - that's where I feel like I cheated. I did jazz them up if I felt like it,  and if scrapping partner in crime thought I should add something, I usually took her advice.  I find using kits sometimes gets me out the scrapping rut too, and I usually am opened up to ideas for future pages.

Anyhow, here is my line up from that weekend.

Here's a kit from NinaBrook Designs called Summer Days.  I usually love their kits and this one is no exception. I didn't change much except the journaling block and adding my own photos.
 
 Here is a kit from Gela-tins that I did many years ago at the Crop for Kids. I was fortunate enough to have a chipboard star from Chatterbox that fit in the patterned paper star on the left side. Crazy that the colour and everything went!  I also used Rangers Glossy Accents on the title. And Rangers Stickles to highlight all the stars.

 This was a class I took at CKC-Buffalo last year with Piggy Tales. Though the class was hugely disappointing, I did like this LO for it's elements. In this layout, I used a title of my own choosing, so the letters they gave us didn't have enough "h's", so I made one using a "n" and a "l" chopped, and at the junction I used some thread to hide it. Also added letters from making memories to complete the title.Very happy with the end result!

Here is another LO from that same class. It was intended to be used for baby boy photos but the genius of Diana thought it would go nicely with these photos. I had struggled with the photos because all the winter paper I had brought with me, didn't go. I would have never have thought to use this paper for a winter layout, and yet I think it works. Anyways, I added the title letters and button strip from Echo Park, the felt ribbon from Queen& Co., journaling block stamp from Autumn Leaves, buttons are an assortment from my stash.
Here is a layout I lifted from a CM catalougue. Well the round part and the paper used were from CM. I changed the title placement, added it to a 12x12 cardstock background, added in the clear sticker mounted on patterned paper and made the title using Quickkutz' License plate font and die with a topping of Ranger's Glossy Accents.  I added the brads and hammered them with Tim Holtz' textured hammer (love that thing!)
 This one here is a Technique Tuesday class. I love using these Technique Tiles and stamping and inking away.  I changed the placement and size of the orange "ribbon" but overall I kept to the class outline. I'm not such a rebel.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it's cheating at all. That's exactly what you took the classes for. It's about getting the photos into our books.
    They layouts look great.

    ReplyDelete