Sunday, February 13, 2011

2 in one day?

Yup here is my second posting for technically today. I will say though that the last one was really early into the day, so for me it was yesterday.

Here are some cards I made recently to share with you bloggers.
A couple of male birthday cards. I find making male cards hard sometimes.  The key is to keep it pretty simple. I tried.   Both cards are using the Piggy tales paper and embellies. I then used the Making Memories letters to put the sentiment on.


Valentines day is the time when I can give my boys some frilly things (in my head anyways).  Here is one for DH. It's a tag I did awhile back revisited. I inked it with Brick Red Distress Ink, covered in Red Stickles.  I then found this creative kit from Dollarama of all places, that had the handmade paper, skeleton leaves and burlap in it.

Here is one for DS who is 3. It's a 3-D heart made out of doillies. Got the idea from Heidi Swapp's Ustream video she was doing
Finally, here is a fun and quick project I did using Tim Holtz's grunngeboard. Don't remember who posted the instructions first (might have been Tim?), but here is mine.  Basically you make a bracelet with grungeboard, paint it with whatever medium you want ( I used black paint for the base and top coat of Luminere paint and then sanded the embossing to release some of the black).  I added a Prima flower for my focal point and since I don't own any hitch fasteners, I used velcro for my closure.

No comments:

Post a Comment