Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Well today I am coming down from all the Christmas eating and present opening. Very excited cause DH got me the Macro/Wide Angle attachment for my iPhone from PhotoJojo. Still waiting for it to arrive but I can't wait to play with it! Got lots of other miscellaneous scrappy stuff which I am pretty happy and excited to play with.

Went to Michaels today and stocked up on their shelving because it was 50% plus another 25% - awesome deal. Now to re-arrange my space so it can fit!

Thought I would share with you an canvas I finished not too long ago. I was inspired by both Marion Smith's design sense and something I saw on Tim Holtz's site awhile back.  I used 2 small canvas' I had in my craft room. I painted and stamped a script on the back canvas with white paint. On the smaller front canvas I used Making Memories tape and then covered it with pink Making Memories glaze.  I then embellished the canvas with Tim's bird cage die painted, flowers from Prima Marketing, pins from Maya Road and Tim Holtz, and tag by Tim too. The butterfly stamp is a Martha Stewart Crafts one, that I think is still available. Took me awhile to get it together, but I am very happy with the end result.


Next I made a ring from Vintaj's vintage brass filagree, bent around my finger. Then I used a strong liquid adhesive to attach the Making Memories Brun Baubles I got from Crop Chocolate. Really quick and a lot of fun. I think next time I will colour the brass using Tim Holtz's alcohol ink - will post results later.

2 comments: