A couple of cards I made this weekend. The first one is for Cropchocolate's February challenge of creating a valentine inspired project. So far I came up with this card which uses plenty of items I bought from CC.
Here are the instructions, since I had to write it out for Crop Choclate anyways.
1:Using the Friend textured plates and cardstock, I embossed the surface using my Cuttlebug.(Sandwich for cuttlebug is: A plate, textured plate, cardstock, rubber mat, B plate and for my cuttlebug 2 cardboard shims worked).
2:I then inked the surface with Tim Holtz's Velvet distress ink, to make the embossing pop. I then cut down the embossed cardstock to fit a card front.
3:Using my Slice Tags card, I cut out a large heart with flower in the centre of the Fancy Pants Crush paper called Head Over Heals
4: Using the Slice Tag Maker, I put the cut out heart in the metal rim.
5:Using my Cuttlebug again, Tim Holtz's Fancy Flourish die and DCWV glitter paper, I cut out the flourishes. Keeping the smaller one for this project. I also snipped one end of the small flourish, so that I could separate it on the card.
6:Used pop dots on the heart tag and used the Green glue to glue down the flourish.
7: Using a black pen I outlined the centre flower and put a large bling in the centre. I then glued everything to a card back.
Had some leftover's from the above card, so decided to make another for CropChocolate challenge.
1.Fancy Pants Delightful paper for background.
2. Using Making Memories Packing tape I made a ruffled "ribbon"
3. From the Tim Holtz Fanciful Flourish die cut out of glitter paper, I cut the larger one down for this card and glued down with Green glue
4. Using the tag from the Slice Tag card, cut out of Core'dinations cardstock tag.
5. Punched out a heart from scrap of Fancy Pants Delightful paper and adhered to tag.
6. Attached tag and put ruffled ribbon at top. Added Fancy Pants pins, Sandylion sticker to tag. Used pen to add "stitching".
Up next is a card I made for a friend who just had a little girl. I'm hoping she doesn't read my blog but if she does, then she gets a sneak peak at what I'm sending her way!
More cards and such to come later this week.