Thursday, October 18, 2012

Scrapfest Fall 2012

This past weekend I had a fantastic time, hanging out with my Scrappy friends at Scrapfest out in Oshawa.

My friend Rana (a card maker extraordinaire) made this awesome collage in Instagram. 


I love seeing all my friends and all the inspiration. Like I've said in the past, the make and takes alone make this totally worth a visit!   I also got about 3 layouts done at the crop, which considering I had only one real day to crop, is not too shabby. When I get a chance I will try an post those here.

My Friday I spent helping Heidi and Simon out at the Pointer Scrapbooking booth with set up,  and later did this make and take in their booth.

I was inspired to use the Collage Glue stick technique that was shown on Ranger's site.  Here are the steps, all supples are available from Pointer Scrapbooking.

I made a foam stamp out of Tim Holtz's Flourish die and stamped using the collage stick as my "ink".  Dried it with a heat gun, followed by a heavy dose of Barn door distress ink.  I then used a baby wipe and pulled off the collage stick mask, dried the tag again, and added a bit more ink.  The paper line I used was the new Teresa Collins' christmas line, the bird is the Prima resists canvas and the twine is from Queen & Co.



1 comment:

  1. the tag is beautiful!! :) i gave it to my bff hehe almost didn't want to give it away !

    ReplyDelete