Friday, November 16, 2012

World's Slowest Knitter

I love sweaters and I love yarn. So I taught myself to knit about 10 years ago (yikes that long ago?!?!).  I had learned to knit when I was really young but did not pursue it much after that mutilated scarf I made as a child. I held onto the needles from my childhood and coveted the knitting book my mother gave me.  As an adult, I decided to re-teach myself this skill.   I've made many of scarves, hats, mitts and one disaster sweater for myself, but I figured I could take on a child's sweater - easy right? 
I started this sweater when M. was about 2 years old. That was 3 years ago. Good thing I had the forethought to perhaps make it bigger and in fact I checked, it was a size 6 - perfect for right now. So what was holding me up - no clue. I just have to finish the sleeves and then the collar. So by blogging about it, it makes me accountable, I need to finish up this baby! Keep posted, I will get it done before he turns 10 or 18......  Maybe my nephew will get this!

No comments:

Post a Comment