Sunday, January 19, 2014

Mixed Media Birthday card

Yesterday I joined a bunch of local women for a crop my friend Diana was hosting, to raise money for the memory loss foundation. It was a great opportunity to see so many of my scrappy friends. I didn't get to complete anywhere near what I wanted to accomplish (isn't that always the case?).  I did complete this mixed media card for one of my sons friends.  Albeit a very simple card, it was a great chance to whip out the paints!  Here I used Bazzil shimmer card stock as the base. I then just added a tag diecut and trimmed down another tag for the "ribbon".  The cupcake was from Barely Essentials and came as raw chipboard and canvas. I coloured both with Distress Paints - so quick and easy. After it dried I glued in seed beads for sprinkles. VoilĂ - easy little mixed media card.

No comments:

Post a Comment